How to auto start PM2 with Node Application on Windows after reboot?
Today I gonna share with you guys how to auto start PM2 with Node Application on Windows after reboot? For this approach, we will use this pm2-windows-service module to achieve this.
1. Configure the PM2
npm i -g pm2
- Add a new system variable name:
2. Start and Save your new node application with PM2
pm2 start server.js --name server pm2 save
3. Install the PM2 windows service
npm install -g @innomizetech/pm2-windows-service pm2-service-install -n PM2
4. Set the following parameters
– Perform environment setup (recommended)? Y
– Set PM2_HOME? Y
– PM2_HOME value (this path should be accessible to the service user and
should not contain any “user-context” variables [e.g. %APPDATA%]): c:\etc\.pm2\
– Set PM2_SERVICE_SCRIPTS (the list of start-up scripts for pm2)? N
– Set PM2_SERVICE_PM2_DIR (the location of the global pm2 to use with the service)? [recommended] Y
– Specify the directory containing the pm2 version to be used by the
service C:\USERS\\APPDATA\ROAMING\NPM\node_modules\pm2\index.js Press Enter
PM2 service installed and started.
That’s it. I hope this will help. ?